At the last quarter of 2015, the Centre was under a new leadership of Dr. Ilisapeci Kubuabola who is the Centre Director and Dr. Jillian Wate, the Centre’s Deputy Director
Team picture: From left to right. Back row: Nukuciri Bere, Peni Lebaivalu, Susana Lolohea, Arti Pillay, Pauline Vosataki, Catherine Latu, Roneta Ratumaitavuki, Michelle Fong.Front row: Gade Waqa, Jillian Wate, Ilisapeci Kubuabola, Astika Prasad,Arleen Sukhu.
Absent: Jeremaia Coriakula
Our Strengths as a Centre
- Track history on solution-oriented research on obesity and NCDs (behavioural, intervention and policy impacts and assessments, food policy and environment monitoring), dissemination of research findings and translation into policy (TROPIC), building capacity.
- Diversity of researchers' backgrounds in (nutrition, food technology, epidemiology, health policy, health systems, public health, medicine and etc.).
- Only Global Obesity Centre in the southern hemisphere with established networks in high burden LMICs. (Projects in Tonga, Solomon Is, Nauru, Samoa, Guam, Kiribati’s, Tuvalu and New Caledonia and more collaboration in progress).
- A Regional centre with global networks connections/networks with other obesity centres in Australia, Europe, Americas, etc.
- Use of new and innovative research methods such as (Mhealth, systems approach, implementation science, process evaluation).
- Working with local researchers in LMICs and have joint publication records with collaborative partners.