Student Financial Aid Scheme
To promote the advancement of tertiary level education in Fiji, the FNU Council has decided to establish a Student Financial Aid Scheme (SFAS) to enable the recruitment of quality performing students, to promote and reward academic excellence, and to allow students who are financially needy but academically deserving to gain access to higher education.
Student Worker Scheme
This FNU initiative aims to:
- Provide assistance to academically deserving students from marginalised families that require assistance.
- Help students owing fees to the University with a work scheme that will allow them to clear the arrears.
- Such students will, in the process, also acquire skills at minimal hours of work (10- 20 hours weekly).
- The fee-reduction is then calculated from their hours of supervised work within FNU and deducted from fees owing to the University.
To qualify for this Student Worker Scheme, students will have to lodge an application with the Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO).
Application forms can be requested from the Student Financial Aid Office at Nasinu campus. Alternatively, forms can be downloaded by clicking on the links below.
The SFAO is situated at ERC Building 2 (next to Academic Office), Nasinu Campus.
For further enquiries, please contact SFAO on Telephone: 3394 000 ext: 2415 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fiji National University offers the option to pay tuition fees in full or to pay via participation in a payment plan. The deferred payment plan is an arrangement available through the Finance Office. Tuition fees may be deferred and divided into installments to be paid on dates established at the beginning of the semester/trimester/quarter.
Timely payments must be made according to the University payment agreement.
The total Payment Plan shall be completed two weeks before final exam. Cancellation of enrolment does not necessarily cancel the obligation to make all payments under the Payment Plan.
Terms and Conditions
- Student promises to pay Fiji National University all payments detailed in this payment agreement by the established deadline.
- The payment agreement can be established for only one term.
- Student must understand and agree that failure to pay all charges by the due date will leave their account subject to a hold being placed on account and for financial penalties, including collection and legal fees.
- Student must understand and agree that withdrawal from the University does not release them from this payment plan obligation, any financial penalties or other collection cost.
- Failure to make payment in full will result in a financial hold being placed on student account, which will prevent the student from registering for the next term.
- Lose eligibility for payment plan. If student fails to pay installments on time on more than one occasion, then he /she will not be eligible for a payment plan the following semester.
- Readmission withholding. If student have any outstanding tuition balance, then he/she will not be able to enroll for future classes until fees is clear for all outstanding balance.
Students wishing to apply for payment plan are required to fill the form below.
FNU Payment Plan Agreement Form
Scholarships & Loan Schemes
Tertiary Scholarship And Loans Board
The Tertiary Scholarship and Loans Board (TSLB) is the Fijian Government institution that oversees the new tertiary scholarships and new loans scheme established in 2014.
TSLB was set up by the Fijian Government under the Tertiary Scholarship and Loans Decree in 2014. The institution’s establishment in in line with the Fijian Government’s 2014 budget theme of “Building a Smarter Fiji”. The Government announced a number of major initiatives that now ensure that every young person has access to tertiary education.
Click on the TSLB site for more information.
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Scholarships
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships provide people from Pacific developing countries with opportunities to study at selected education institutions in the Pacific region. The purpose of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships is to give people the opportunity to gain and build the knowledge and skills to drive positive change, and influence their home country’s development.
Participating countries are: Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji: Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna.
Eligibility and applications
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships are currently offered for study at Pacific tertiary institutions in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Fiji, Samoa and Wallis and Futuna.
FNU has a DFAT Regional Scholarships Team (RST) where DFAT students can resort to for assistance.
Click on the following link to read more on applications details: https://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships
ACIAR Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
ACIAR Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
The Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) is an Australian Government’ agency that specializes in agricultural research-for-development, within the Australian aid program. The ACIAR aims to reduce poverty and improve the livelihoods of many in the Indo-Pacific region through more productive and sustainable agriculture emerging from collaborative international research.
Since 2008, ACIAR has supported postgraduate research study by providing scholarships in agriculture and fisheries to strengthen the agricultural innovation system in the Pacific. In 2020, a new Pacific Agriculture Scholarship Support Program 2020-23 was designed to include postgraduate scholarships at the Fiji National University.
Eligibility and Applications
Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of the ACIAR partner countries (Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu) for Scholarships to undertake a Master’s Degree at the College of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Fiji National University (FNU). These scholarships are tenable from Semester 1 2021. Up to three scholarships will be shortlisted for the 2021 intake.
For Semester 1 of the 2021 intake, due to travel restrictions scholarships are limited to individuals currently residing in Fiji
Application forms and details of the scholarship can be downloaded by clicking on the links below.
Closing date for applications is 15 October 2020.
Completed applications can be sent via email to email@example.com with the subject line “ACIAR scholarships 2021”.