Expression of Interest
1. FNU is keen to participate in the 2022 Übercamp Program to help grow innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and explore the young people’s prioritization of the SDGs. The Übercamp is a Research Office initiative funded by ACU grant won by Professor Roland DeMarco, the Pro Vice Chancellor Research & Innovation of the Fiji National University. Partial funding is done by the Research Office grant.
2. Research Office through this EoI intends to select participants who will be part of a three-day Übercamp Program.
3. Application is open to all students -Undergraduate and Graduate students are eligible to make application. FNU academics who fall in the category of Early Career Researchers (ECR) are also eligible to participate. ECR should make applications through their college ADR or ADL&T.
4. The successful applicants will be given an opportunity to pitch their entrepreneurial idea to the Übercamp team and hear from the shared experiences of dynamic Fijian Entrepreneurs
5. Interested applicants (Early Career Researchers) should submit the EoI form through their College Associate Dean Research/ Associate Dean Learning & Teaching. FNU undergraduate and graduate student should submit their application through FNUSA via email: email@example.com
6. Application closes on Thursday 12th May, 2022. For all enquiries contact Research Office; email to Rajieli Niubalavu on:
Prize Money (Jointly supported by Research Office and the FNU Students’ Association)
1st Prize 1500 FJD cash
Runner-up prize 1000 FJD cash
7. Who can apply?
Übercamp is open to currently registered FNU undergraduate and graduate students (PG & HDR students) and Early career staff members.
What is included?
Übercamp will fund the following items for 20 successful applicants
• Day 1: Tuesday, 7th June 2022
Übercamp course, morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea (Venue to be confirmed)
• Day 2: Wednesday, 8th June 2022
Übercamp course, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
• Day 3: Friday, 10th June 2022
Übercamp Pitch competition, prize award and celebration in the evening.
Please note, transport to and from the venue is not included.
Applications will be judged based on the quality of the application. Decision made by the panel of judges will be final.
Consent for photograph and videos
Successful applicants should be aware that FNU may use any photographic and video footage taken during Übercamp in relevant publicity material.
EoI Forms can be accessed from the link: https://www.fnu.ac.fj/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Expression-of-Interest.docx