The role of the University Secretariat is to promote good governance and provide high-level support to the Council and its committees as well as to the Management and appointed Committees.
The functions of the University Secretariat include the following but not limited to:
- providing executive support to the Chancellor and Deputy Chancellor;
- providing support to the Committees of Council;
- providing executive to the Senior Management Group, Senate and their sub Committees
- facilitating the induction of new Council members on the advice of the Chancellor;
- considering any relevant legislation and policies relating to agenda items;
- coordinating the production and distribution of Council papers;
- assisting with the agenda-setting and consulting over meeting minutes;
- ensuring the Chancellor is briefed concerning any matters of potential conflict between the Council and the University; and
- obtaining legal advice required by Council and advising it about policy and procedural matters.
- Conduct elections for elected representatives to Council and Senate.
For more information contact Ms. Karishma Mani Email: email@example.com