Following the Prime Minister’s address on 19. 4. 21, and in accordance with the Fijian Government’s advisories due to COVID-19, FNU is putting in place the following campus operation and learning and teaching delivery measures:
- All FNU Campuses in the Western Division (Nadi, Lautoka and Ba) will remain closed for the 14 day lockdown period. Classes will resume on 3 May via blended mode. Any changes to the mode of delivery will be conveyed in due course.
- Online class will be held next week (26-30 April) for MBBS students only in the Western Division.
- The University advises all staff and students to adhere to Government’s announcements, restrict unnecessary movements and stay within the Campus facilities. We sympathise with your current situation and ensure you that we will be providing you with food, water, sanitation, medical and other basic needs throughout this period.
Central and Northern Campuses
- All Campuses in the Central and Northern will resume classes scheduled on Monday (26 April) via blended mode. Strict social distancing measure will be put in place, and students with access to digital devices and internet access are encouraged to attend classes online to ensure small face to face class sizes.
- Classes will resume via blended learning mode to maintain smaller class sizes and adhere to social distancing practices.
- Detailed information on class arrangements will be circulated within your respective Colleges. Students can contact their programme coordinators with regards to their respective programmes.
- We are aware that while the vast majority of our student body has access to digital devices and connectivity, some students might not have this access and are encouraged to contact their course coordinators for further guidance.
- All exams (online and face to face) have been postponed till further notice. College Deans will be issuing modes of examination and other assessment measures to their respective Colleges in due course. Please get in touch with your Course Coordinators for any clarifications
The University has implemented mandatory temperature checks at all Campus entry points and staff, students and visitors will be required to show that they have the careFIJI activated app. In adhering to the Government’s directives, social distancing will be practised at all study and workspaces on campuses.
Further announcements will be made in due course.
The University community is once again reminded that all events are now cancelled, and staff and students should not be engaging in any mass gatherings of any nature.
Students and staff are encouraged to download the CareFIJI app for contact tracing. This can be downloaded using the following link: http://carefiji.digitalfiji.gov.fj
All students and staff are advised to follow the FNU website, official FNU social media pages and check their emails for ongoing advisories regarding University operations. Refer to the links below: