Following the statement issued by the Prime Minister yesterday, Saturday 29 May, I would like to notify staff that all staff (in the Northern, Western and Central divisions) should continue to work from home until further notice. Advance warning will be provided to all staff if there are to be any changes in working arrangements in future. I would also like to remind staff of the following:
- Working from home – We understand that working from home brings its own challenges, but all staff are reminded that they must use their best endeavours to continue performing their duties as per their job descriptions. Please contact your supervisor/line manager should you have any questions.
- Communication – All staff are encouraged to keep in regular touch with their supervisors (and vice-versa) to discuss work-related matters and maintain team spirit.
- ICT equipment – Please contact the ICT department if you have troubleshooting issues with any of the equipment you may be using for work purposes.
- Online learning and teaching – It is especially important that all scheduled classes go ahead online, and that students’ studies are not disrupted. FNU has an agreement with Internet Service Providers Vodafone and Digicel to enable users to access the University website and Moodle free of charge. There is significant support available for academic staff from the Centre for Flexible and E-Learning and the Centre for Learning & Teaching Enhancement.
- Payroll – The payroll system is working seamlessly remotely and we do not anticipate any issues with processing payroll to the normal schedule.
- Leave – The Employee Self Service can be accessed by all staff remotely to submit leave requests and access other services.
All staff are urged to follow the official health advice and adhere to all government guidance to combat the spread of COVID-19. If you are experiencing symptoms like a dry cough, fever, fatigue/tiredness, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath/chest pain, aches and pains, please call 158 immediately.
Staff are advised to follow the FNU website, official FNU social media pages and check their emails for ongoing advisories regarding University operations.
Please refer to the links below:
Above all, please be kind and understanding to your colleagues during this difficult period. Together, as one community, we will come through these challenges.
Many thanks, Toby.