|Prior to Arrival
1. Proof of Vaccination: All travellers 16 years and above must produce proof of full vaccination. Only travellers under the age of 16 years may be exempt, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is vaccinated. Vaccinated travellers below the age of 16 may travel unaccompanied, observing all international travel protocols.
A 14-day waiting period prior to travel following full vaccination applies. Fiji COVID-19 recognised vaccines include AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson (Janssen), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Coronavac (Sinovac), Covishield, BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm), Covaxin and Sputnik V. Click here for more information on Fiji COVID-19 recognised vaccines.
2. Pre-paid in-country COVID-19 Test: Travellers 12 years and above must produce proof of a pre-booked and pre-paid RAT, to be administered within 72 hours of arrival into Fiji, at any one of the CRMT approved facilities. You can book your in-country test here. This also applies to travellers transiting Fiji for more than 48 hours.
Travellers who have turned positive within 30 days of travelling into Fiji and are entering Fiji with a proof of the isolation period served from a credible institution or a fit to fly certificate from a medical practitioner, the prepaid in-country RAT requirement does not apply.
3. Travel Insurance: Travellers with existing insurance must present evidence of the cover not excluding COVID-19. Alternatively, travellers may opt for FijiCare COVID-19 travel insurance offered to travellers. All foreign passport holders (except valid permit holders who provide a supporting letter from sponsor/employer to meet all COVID related costs, including isolation if required) must have medical travel insurance, with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before travelling.
When in Fiji
1. As part of Fiji’s enhanced surveillance and monitoring exercise, travellers may undergo random RAT tests upon arrival.
2. In-country RAT: Within 72 hours of arrival into Fiji, travellers 12 years and above must take an approved RAT at their hotel or testing facility. If a traveller has entered with a proof of the isolation period served from a credible institution or has a fit to fly certificate from a medical practitioner, the in-country RAT does not apply.
A traveller’s pre-departure COVID-19 test from Fiji can only be considered as the in-country COVID-19 test, once the following conditions are met:
In the event the outbound country does not require a pre-departure COVID-19 test, then the in-country test applies.
The cost of RAT will be borne by the traveller. The swab will be done by trained professionals.
If the traveller turns positive on RAT during their stay in Fiji, the confirmed case will be required to undergo 7 days of isolation. Should the traveller or the insurance provider require a confirmatory PCR result, this will be facilitated at the cost of the traveller. All primary/close contacts of the confirmed case will not be required to serve a quarantine period. However, all primary/close contacts need to monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms during this period and immediately self-isolate for 7 days if present and inform relevant authorities.
3. All national public health measures remain promoted by the Fijian Government
Travellers may require COVID-19 test results to return to their countries of origin or another destination. The test booking can be facilitated by the hotel or an approved COVID-19 test service provider on advance notice.