Effective from today (11/04/2022), the Fiji National University (FNU), in line with Government’s revised protocols on COVID19, shall require the following practices to be implemented under the following conditions:
- Wearing face masks shall be optional. All persons with fever or cough are encouraged to seek medical attention and to wear their masks when in a crowded space.
- The physical distancing requirement of 2 meters between persons will no longer apply and not enforced in all areas within the precincts of the University, including teaching and learning spaces, sports complexes, offices, hostels, cafeterias, foyers, bookshops, playgrounds, workshops, and any free space thereof.
- All registered FNU vehicles will now operate at 100% capacity.
- All teaching and learning spaces, sports complexes, offices, hostels, cafeterias, foyers, bookshops, playgrounds, workshops, and any free space will now operate at 100% capacity.
- Fully vaccinated persons must produce ones vaccination card or a copy with a valid photo ID upon request by FNU-approved security officers.
- Compulsory sanitization will cease forthwith from all points of entry into respective campuses and will only be administered upon demand. Staff and students are encouraged to use those sanitizers that are strategically located within their respective campuses. Regular hand washing is strongly encouraged.
Please continue to practice good hygiene and take all necessary precautions to maintain good health and wellness.