Dear staff and students,
While the University is currently on mid-semester break, the following campus operation measures are being implemented in accordance with Prime Minister Hon Voreqe Bainimarama’s announcement this afternoon 19/04/2021 on COVID-19.
- All Campuses in the west – Nadi, Lautoka and Ba will remain closed for 14 days. A further announcement regarding the resumption of face-to-face and online studies will be made later.
- All students in the hostels are being well looked after and provisions have been made for their food, medical needs and other essentials.
- If students have any issues regarding their accommodation, they are requested to contact the Manager AccommodationMr Amit Kumar on Phone: 9920736 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University advises all staff and students to adhere to Government’s announcements, restrict unnecessary movements and stay within the Campus facilities.
Central and Northern Campuses
- All Campuses in the Central and Northern divisions remain open with strict COVID-19 measures in place. Staff are advised to maintain social distancing, wash and sanitize their hands frequently.
- Should any staff face difficulties in reporting to work due to childcare reasons, please contact your immediate supervisor. The University is sympathetic towards the current situation and will be accommodating in genuine cases.
- A kind reminder that all University events scheduled for the next 14 days have been postponed following Government’s restrictions on mass gatherings.
Stay alert of symptoms within yourself or your family –– early detection is absolutely essential to stop the spread. Call number 158 if you’re feeling at all unwell.
The University will provide another update later this week.
All students and staff are advised to follow the official FNU social media pages and check their emails for ongoing advisories regarding University operations.
All COVID-19 related news from the Fiji National University (FNU) will be disseminated through FNUPR, official FNU social media sites and the COVID-19 tab on the website. Refer to the links below:
Prof Toby Wilkinson