The Fiji National University is an establishment to serve the needs of Post-Secondary education in Fiji and all the libraries provide a welcoming, comfortable, and safe environment that supports teaching, learning and research. The libraries offer diverse collections of library resources (printed and electronic) served by trained and helpful staff and the primary goal is to serve its students, staff, researchers, visitors, alumni and the general public. The library has the following objectives:
- To provide enhanced support for the institutional mission;
- To deliver library user-focused services;
- To transform the library for innovative service delivery;
- To deliver service that embraces opportunities in the developing e-environment; and
- To support the University’s decision-making and planning processes.
The Fiji National University library aims to be an internationally recognized modern academic research library for delivering excellence & innovation in information services.
The library’s mission is to:
- deliver outstanding information resources collections and services;
- offer access to information in all formats;
- take responsibility for information literacy;
- exploit and develop new technologies and facilities for the advancement; and
- contribute to community development
for the achievement of excellence in teaching, learning and research.
The library supports and delivers the wide values that shape and strengthen the University’s mission. In addition, the library values:
- Professional & ethical behaviour;
- User-focused resources and services;
- Consultative partnerships with stakeholders;
- Individual and team contributions from staff for the creation of cultural excellence;
- Commitment to the personal development of its staff;
- Flexibility, innovation and responsiveness;
- Forward thinking & planning and positive energy for success;
- Participation in decision-making;
- Reflection and self-evaluation through SWOT analysis; and
- Diversity as an asset and focused on Pareto (80/20) Law.